PENNEKAMP et al. v. FLORIDA
Supreme Court Cases
328 U.S. 331 (1946)
Legal Principle at Issue
Whether a citation for contempt of court against an editor of the Miami Herald for publishing two editorials critical of the court and its judges violated the First Amendment's free press guarantee.
Reversed. Petitioning party received a favorable disposition.
Advocated for Respondent
- J. Tom Watson View all cases
- Giles J. Patterson View all cases
- James M. Carson View all cases
Advocated for Petitioner
- Elisha Hanson View all cases
- Robert R. Milam View all cases