Greg Harold Greubel
Greg, a native of Pleasantville, Iowa, graduated summa cum laude from the University of Northern Iowa with a degree in Philosophy in 2011. Following his undergraduate degree, Greg attended Villanova University School of Law, graduating cum laude in 2015.
Before joining FIRE, Greg developed litigation skills as an attorney at a large defense-side labor and employment law firm in Philadelphia. Greg has extensive experience litigating in state and federal courts and has tried cases to verdict.
Greg developed an interest in First Amendment law as a young, politically active Iowan. He continued to hone this interest studying philosophers, such as Hannah Arendt, who analyzed political action and the importance of freedom of thought. Outside of FIRE, Greg enjoys hunting, fishing, and supporting the Eagles, Phillies, 76ers, and Flyers.
- ESPN host Stephen A. Smith talks about being censored as a student journalist and the importance of free speech in HBO interview,
- In Meriwether v. Hartop, the Sixth Circuit recognizes an academic exception to restrictions on the First Amendment rights of public employees,
- UPDATE: Court rejects Jones County Junior College’s attempt to dismiss lawsuit by former student Mike Brown,
- Public records reveal Wright State used unconstitutional Facebook page policy to censor pro-union speech during historic faculty strike,
- Sixth Circuit properly finds that University of Michigan bias response team could chill students’ speech,
Host a FIRE Speaker On Your Campus
Hosting a FIRE speaker at your school is a great way to catalyze social change at your institution and educate your campus community about the importance of free speech, due process, and religious liberty.
Explore Our Work
FIRE is a mission-driven organization of hardworking, dedicated team members committed to defending and sustaining the individual rights of all Americans to free speech and free thought.Explore FIRE's Advocacy