Student Handbook: Free Expression Policy

Relevant excerpt

With the approval of the chief of police or designee at least 24 hours in advance, noncommercial pamphlets, handbills, circulars, newspapers, magazines, and other written materials may be distributed on a person-to-person basis in open areas on campus that are at least 10 feet from the entrances or exits of university buildings. Outdoor recreation areas, such as playing fields, courts, and grounds adjacent to private residences, such as residence halls and staff housing, are not included in the definition of “open areas.”

Download PDF