What is a bias incident?
Bias incidents refer to conduct, speech, images or expression that demonstrate conscious or unconscious bias which targets individuals or groups based on but not limited to their actual or perceived race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, socioeconomic status or other social identities.
What will the Bias Response Team do?
Within two business days, a member of the response team will contact the individual(s) who filed a report. If this is an immediate emergency, contact Campus Safety at 610-526-7911.
The Bias Response Team will:
- Meet with you promptly
- Treat you and your concern with respect and sensitivity
- Facilitate access to campus and community resources and support
- Discuss available courses of action, including both informal and formal options within the College
- In cases of an alleged crime, engage the support of Lower Merion Township Police or other criminal justice authorities
- Investigate the reported incident