6. CSUPD will conduct a security assessment based on information provided from the event organizers and such other information CSUPD may obtain. CSUPD, in consultation with the CSU Public Safety Team, will assess security needs based on objective and credible evidence of specific risks, and not on assessment of the viewpoints, opinions, or anticipated expression of event speakers, sponsors, participants, community, or performers. Permissible factors for consideration include but are not limited to:
• the proposed location of the event
• the estimated number of participants based on event organizer estimates and any other relevant information, including past or similar events at CSU or other locations
• the time of the day that the event is to take place
• the date and day of the week of the event
• the proximity of the event to other activities or locations that may interfere, obstruct, or lessen the effectiveness of the security measures being implemented
• the resources needed to secure the event
• the anticipated weather conditions
• the estimated duration of the event
• any similar viewpoint- and content-neutral considerations relevant to assessment of security needs.
Additional security fees will not be charged to event sponsors based on the subject matter of the event or the viewpoints, opinions, expression of the sponsors, event performers, or others participating in the event.