Any inappropriate email, as defined below, is prohibited. Users receiving such email should immediately contact the ITS Help Desk at 717-358-6789 or email@example.com. In the case of serious risks or harm, users should contact the Office of Public Safety at 717-358-3939. Examples of the inappropriate use of electronic messaging include:
- The creation and exchange of messages which are harassing, obscene, or threatening;
- The unauthorized exchange of sensitive or confidential data;
- The creation and exchange of advertisements, solicitations, or chain letters.
- The knowing transmission of a message containing a computer virus or a message which is intended to trick or mislead the recipient into performing an action;
- The misrepresentation of the identity of the sender of a message; and
- The use or attempt to use the accounts of others without their permission.