- Category: Harassment Policies
- School: Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis
- Statement Rating: Yellow
- Last updated: March 18, 2020
1. Sexual harassment is unwelcome conduct or behavior of a sexual nature. Sexual harassment includes sexual violence. Both violent and non-violent sexual harassment is prohibited. Sexual harassment can include unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors and other verbal, nonverbal, written, electronic (e.g., by e-mail, text, social media, etc.), or physical conduct of a sexual nature.
2. Sexual harassment occurs when: … Such conduct is sufficiently severe, pervasive, or persistent to limit or deny an individual’s ability to participate in or benefit from the university’s educational programs or affects employment, creating a hostile environment.