Anyone planning to hold an outdoor public forum, such as a rally or candlelight vigil, is encouraged to file a Public Forum Notification Form with Rutgers University Student Centers Student Involvement Office. The process is applicable to all registered organizations at Rutgers University that wish to hold public forums at Rutgers University. Although not required, the filing of a Public Forum Notification is encouraged by all organizations. Nonuniversity entities are not given nor do they have implied priority on university property in the public forum area. No commercial entities (university affiliated or otherwise) are permitted to sell merchandise and services in the public forum area. For more information on public forums, see your student organization’s administrative adviser or visit http://getinvolved.rutgers.edu/organizations.
Designated Public Forum Area Locations:
- College Avenue Campus: A designated public forum area is located on the steps between the main entrance of Brower Commons Dining Hall and Stonier Hall on College Avenue. The space also extends back to the Records Hall courtyard.
- Cook Campus: A designated public forum area is located in the middle of the Newell Apartments.
- Livingston Campus: A designated public forum area is located on the portico of Tillett Hall (facing Kilmer Library).
- Douglass Campus: A designated public forum area is the patio and grass area on the Nichol Avenue side of the Douglass Campus Center.
- Busch Campus: Designated public forum areas are located on the lawn in front of the Allison Road Classroom Building and on the lawn in front of the School of Engineering.