Student Handbook: Facility Use

Relevant excerpt

There are several public areas located on the University campus that are open to students and RSOs for free speech, protests, leafleting, etc. and require no reservation or notice (unless use also includes the placement of tables, booths, structures, large displays, vehicles, sound, audio or PA systems, or when assistance is needed from the University, in which case reservations as noted in Paragraph B below are required). Although not required, Student Affairs requests that RSOs/individual students notify the University of the use of such locations to ensure the space can accommodate such request, to ensure that no disturbance of the University’s educational mission occurs, to ensure it is not in conflict with other prior requests for the area, and so that the University can assist in reserving the requested location. Notifications may be made by calling Student Affairs: 918- 343-7579 or by email addressed to:

The public areas for use by RSOs/Students include all sidewalks, and the following areas:

  • Claremore Campus: Lawn to the west of the Centennial Center
  • Claremore Campus: Lawn between Chapman Dining Hall and the University Village Club House<
  • Claremore Campus: Lawn between Bushyhead Fieldhouse and the Will Rogers Auditorium
  • Bartlesville Campus: Outdoor congregating areas do not currently exist on this campus
  • Pryor Campus: Lawn between the circle drive and highway 69A

Download PDF