III. General Policies on Student Organizations
D. No student organization or individual shall engage in or condone any form of hazing.
- Hazing shall include, but is not limited to:
- Any action taken, or situation created intentionally, to produce mental or physical discomfort, embarrassment or ridicule;
- Any form of verbal or physical harassment or abuse; and
- Engaging in public stunts, morally degrading or humiliating behavior or games, whether on or off campus.
- Excessive demands on a student’s time so as to interfere with academic performance are prohibited.
- Threatening in any manner or form for the purpose of cajoling individuals into secrecy in regard to breaches (planned, threatened, attempted, or perpetrated) of hazing violations also is prohibited.
- Hazing activity which is in violation of any other institution regulation such as the misuse of alcohol, drugs, institution property, etc., is strictly forbidden.