Rallies, demonstrations, or other gatherings of fewer than 100 participants are allowed without a permit in the following outdoor spaces or immediately adjacent to these spaces and buildings:
- Coffman Memorial Union Plaza
- Gateway Plaza at McNamara Alumni Center
- Northrop Plaza
- St Paul Student Center Plaza
- West Bank Plaza
A permit is required for any of the following uses of University outdoor space:
- An event involving 100 or more participants;
- The use of displays, structures, tents, contact tables, or grills, sound amplification, or food service;
- An event likely to require police, traffic management, or other personnel to appropriately manage the event;
- An event requiring University service such as rentals, sanitation, additional trash bins, etc.; or
- Overnight outdoor stays, including camping.
Organizations, departments, and Registered Student Groups must obtain permits from the appropriate University department prior to the event, following the attached procedures:
- University departments and Registered Student Groups: Procedure: Use and Lease by University Departments and Registered Student Groups. [Registered student groups and University departments must submit the Outdoor Space Application a minimum of ten business days in advance of event, twenty business days if security or traffic management may be required or the event involves an outdoor display.]
- Outside organizations: Procedure: Use and Lease of University Real Estate by Non-University Entities, and its associated policy, Use and Lease of Real Estate.