Table of Contents
So to Speak podcast: Campus free speech roundup
On today’s episode of So to Speak: The Free Speech Podcast, we are joined by four members of FIRE’s staff to discuss the latest campus free speech news, including two new FIRE initiatives to tackle art censorship and restrictions on free speech and academic freedom abroad.
Participants in this show are:
Nico Perrino, host of So to Speak, director of communications
Will Creeley, senior vice president of legal and public advocacy
Adam Steinbaugh, director of FIRE’s Individual Rights Defense Program
Marieke Tuthill Beck-Coon, director of litigation
Sarah McLaughlin, senior program officer for legal and public advocacy
- Chicago State to rewrite policies, pay $650,000 to settle professors’ First Amendment lawsuit
- Whistleblowers on campus: The fight for free speech and academic freedom (VIDEO)
- Nine years later, UCLA complains — again — about online critic
- Speech rights of 150,000 students to be restored as Los Angeles Community College District settles lawsuit
- Fencing in free speech at Los Angeles Pierce College (VIDEO)
- FIRE launches initiative to defend campus free expression across borders
- REPORT: Artists clash with campus censors
- Indiana University Kokomo confirms that once-removed sculptures will remain on display through end of semester
- The problem with porn filters
- Wisconsin system president reprimands UW La Crosse Chancellor for Free Speech Week talk by porn star
- EFF sues Texas A&M University for violating PETA's free speech rights by blocking group from its Facebook page
- Rutgers reverses finding against professor who posted about resigning from the white race on Facebook
You can subscribe and listen to So to Speak: The Free Speech Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, and Stitcher, or download episodes directly from SoundCloud.
Stay up to date with So to Speak on the show’s Facebook and Twitter pages, and subscribe to the show’s newsletter at sotospeakpodcast.com.
Have questions or ideas for future shows? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Free Speech
- Faculty Rights
- Chicago State University
- California State University - Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Pierce College
- Indiana University - Kokomo
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse
- Rutgers University - New Brunswick
- Los Angeles Pierce College – Stand Up For Speech Lawsuit
- Chicago State University - Stand Up For Speech Lawsuit
FIRE’s award-winning Newsdesk covers the free speech news you need to stay informed.