Does Disney have free speech rights? And did Florida violate the First Amendment when it punished the company for its political activism?
Elon Musk is buying Twitter. What should free speech advocates make of that?
Recurring guest and famed First Amendment scholar Robert Corn-Revere is here to break it all down for us. He’s a partner at the law firm Davis Wright-Tremaine, a member of FIRE’s Advisory Council, and the author of “The Mind of the Censor and the Eye of the Beholder: The First Amendment and the Censor’s Dilemma.”
- Podcast transcript
- Subscribe to First Amendment News
- “Punishing Disney for Opposing Florida’s ‘Don’t Say Gay’ law poses Serious First Amendment Problems” by Robert Corn-Revere
- Open letter to Elon Musk from Greg Lukianoff on preserving free expression on social media
- Press Release: “Elon Musk to Acquire Twitter”
- Electronic Frontier Foundation: “Twitter Has a New Owner. Here’s What He Should Do.”
Have questions or ideas for future shows? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Writer and academic Yascha Mounk argues that a new set of ideas about race, gender, and sexual orientation have overtaken society, giving rise to a rigid focus on identity in our national debate. In his new book, "," Yascha seeks to take these...