August is wrapping up and students are heading back to school, many of them going off to college for the first time. Given the extent of FIRE's case history, a good first step for students planning on retaining their rights on campus is education. FIRE's acclaimed Guides to Student Rights on Campus is a series of five handbooks that provide a thorough overview of students' rights and how to protect them from administrative overreach. FIRE's Guides series include:
- FIRE's Guide to Free Speech on Campus
- FIRE's Guide to Religious Liberty on Campus
- FIRE's Guide to Due Process and Fair Procedure on Campus
- FIRE's Guide to Student Fees, Funding, and Legal Equality on Campus
- FIRE's Guide to First-Year Orientation and Thought Reform on Campus
Hard copies of all the Guides are free to students upon request. PDFs of the Guides are also available for free download at the links above.