FIRE is seeking an energetic, entrepreneurial individual to join our Washington, D.C., team as the Executive Assistant to the President.
A successful candidate for this position will have strong writing skills and the ability to take charge of a wide range of responsibilities, including spearheading important, specialized projects and presidential initiatives; working with the Vice President of Finance and Development to increase the fundraising capabilities of the department; and maintaining the President’s schedule. Importantly, the Executive Assistant must be able to think creatively and aggressively about ways to make the President more efficient and effective in executing his duties and responsibilities.
This position will be charged with increasing both the President’s and the organization’s messaging reach by arranging networking opportunities and media appearances, as well as working closely with the President’s Research Assistant to proofread and create written content for the FIRE blog and other websites.
This position requires willingness to work collaboratively on a range of writing projects, the ability to meet deadlines on short notice, and strong organizational skills in order to manage multiple projects at a given time.
A successful candidate will also have a good work ethic, be a self-starter, and have the ability to work independently. Most importantly, the candidate must have an eye for detail and strive for perfection when executing job functions.
Other qualifications include:
- knowledge of FIRE’s mission and a willingness to advocate for that mission;
- exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- an ability to exercise sound judgment;
- organizational, planning, and time management skills;
- superior memory and attention to detail;
- an ability to manage challenging and fast-paced situations;
- strong copy editing skills;
- superior computer and internet proficiency, including the ability to use Microsoft Office and Google applications; and
- a four-year undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university. Graduate certificates or degrees are not required, but will be viewed favorably.
Previous work experience is strongly preferred. Ideally, candidates can commit a minimum of two years to this position.
If you’re interested in learning more about the responsibilities and requirements for this fast-paced, exciting role at FIRE, head over to our Jobs & Internships page.