Since 1980, the Hugh M. Hefner First Amendment Awards have recognized those who go above and beyond to protect and enhance First Amendment rights.
On today’s episode of So to Speak: The Free Speech Podcast, we are joined by Christie Hefner, who founded and chairs the awards, to discuss the awards’ origins and this year’s awardees in the categories of law, book publishing, journalism, arts & entertainment, education, and lifetime achievement.
From 1988 to 2008, Christie Hefner — daughter of Playboy founder Hugh Hefner — was Chairman and CEO of Playboy Enterprises, making her the longest-serving female CEO of a U.S. public company. For three years, she appeared on Forbes’ “100 Most Powerful Women” list.
- Attend: 2020 Hugh M. Hefner First Amendment Awards, Oct. 19 at 6 p.m. ET
- 2020 Hugh M. Hefner First Amendment awardees
- MightyIra.com (FIRE’s Ira Glasser documentary)
- “Rap on Trial: Race, Lyrics, and Guilt in America” (So to Speak podcast)
- Immigration Nation documentary
Have questions or ideas for future shows? Email us at email@example.com.