BRIDGES v. CALIFORNIA
Supreme Court Cases
314 U.S. 252 (1941)
Legal Principle at Issue
Whether a publisher can be held for contempt for an out-of-court editorial statement concerning a pending criminal case. In a companion case: whether a labor leader was can be held in contempt based on a telegram he sent to the Secretary of Labor regarding a pending case.
Affirmed (includes modified). Petitioning party did not receive a favorable disposition.
Advocated for Respondent
- Allen W. Ashburn View all cases
Advocated for Petitioner
- Osmond K. Fraenkel View all cases
- A. L. Wirin View all cases
- T.B. Cosgrove View all cases
- John N. Cramer View all cases