A Colorado native, in 2001 Adam moved westward to Los Angeles, where he attended Whittier College and graduated cum laude from Loyola Law School. Before attending law school, Adam worked for MySpace.com’s online security team. During law school, he served as an assistant to professor Aaron Caplan, researching the First Amendment issues involved in the use of restraining orders to enjoin civil harassment.
In 2016, Adam joined FIRE, working on the Individual Rights Defense Program to defend the rights of students and faculty members. After leading this team from 2018-2022, he became part of FIRE’s litigation team.
Adam is a member of the California and Pennsylvania state bars, admitted to the Federal District Courts for the Central District of California, Northern District of California, Southern District of California, Eastern District of California, and District of Colorado. Adam is also a member of the First Amendment Lawyers Association.
- Idaho AG: Anti-abortion law does not restrict academic speech at public universities,
- Connecticut Supreme Court narrows ‘racial ridicule’ law abused by police as general hate speech law,
- FIRE calls on Idaho’s Lewis-Clark State College to restore abortion-themed artwork censored to avoid violating state law,
- FIRE Statement on Florida Senate Bill 1316,
- Thought the ‘Stop WOKE Act’ was bad? A new Florida bill is worse,
- ‘Stop WOKE Act’ is no solution to orthodoxy. It’s censorship that will further entrench orthodoxy.,
- FIRE files amicus brief in Louisiana criminal defamation arrest over criticism of ‘clueless’ detective,
- Hamline University president triples down in defending instructor’s nonrenewal for showing Muhammad painting,
- Eighth Circuit: Professor’s criticism of colleague did not violate the First Amendment,
- Irvington Township, NJ’s response to public records requests: Go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200,
FIRE is a mission-driven organization of hardworking, dedicated team members committed to defending and sustaining the individual rights of all Americans to free speech and free thought.Explore FIRE's Advocacy