Legacy Giving

Help us build a movement and promote a strong culture of free speech by supporting FIRE with a donation today. Please join us in this important work.

Donate to FIRE

FIRE Eternal Flame Society new logo

Evolving threats to free speech principles and due process protections have made it clear that there will always be a need for FIRE.

We need long-lasting support to defend and sustain individual rights. The dedicated members of FIRE’s Eternal Flame Society provide that vital support by including FIRE in their will and estate planning. Eternal Flames help ensure that FIRE has the resources needed to carry out our important work for many years to come.

If you make a legacy gift to FIRE, please let us know so we can honor you as an Eternal Flame and extend member benefits to you. You can use this notification form or contact Ashley Adams at 215-717-3473 or ashley@thefire.org.

"I searched for an organization to support that would do the necessary and important work of defending free speech. That effective, nonpartisan advocate is FIRE." — John Vineyard, Eternal Flame

Leave a Legacy of Liberty for Generations to Come!

Giving a legacy gift to FIRE is the perfect way to ensure your grandchildren, their children, and generations to come are free to speak their minds on and off campus. No matter the size of your estate or the number of beneficiaries you include, you can make a valuable contribution to the future of free speech through a legacy gift to FIRE. Will or estate gifts cost you nothing during your lifetime and may even offer attractive tax advantages.

Include FIRE in your will

Including FIRE in your will is the easiest and most popular type of legacy gift. All you need to do is fill in and share the sentence below with your attorney or estate planner.

  • I bequeath ____% of my estate or $_____ to the Foundation for Individual Rights and Expression, in Philadelphia, PA. FIRE’s Tax ID No: 04-3467254.

Name FIRE a beneficiary

You can also name FIRE as a beneficiary of accounts such as life insurance policies or retirement accounts. To do this, simply alert your policy or account custodian of your plans to change or add FIRE.

IRA Charitable Rollover

Another popular option is the IRA Charitable Rollover: If you own an IRA and are age 70½ or older, you can make a tax-free contribution directly to FIRE from your account.

FIRE has a relationship with Univest Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization that supports donors and charities by providing financial services for many different types of legacy gifts. If you have financial questions and you would like to speak with someone at the foundation please contact: Jennifer Ashley at (267) 954-8203 or Ashleyj@univest.net.