Table of Contents
So to Speak podcast: David Goldberger, lead attorney in ‘the Skokie case’
He is most widely known for his role as lead attorney in what’s simply become known as “the Skokie case.”
But David Goldberger’s storied legal career goes far beyond his representation of neo-Nazis who wanted to rally in a village where a large number of Holocaust survivors lived.
On today’s episode of So to Speak: The Free Speech Podcast, we are joined by Goldberger to discuss his half century of practice in First Amendment law — including his four (successful) trips to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- A new FIRE documentary film, “Mighty Ira: A Civil Liberties Story” (featuring David Goldberger)
- “The Skokie case: How I came to represent the free speech rights of Nazis” by David Goldberger
- Cutter v. Wilkinson (2005)
- McIntyre v. Ohio Elections Commission (1995)
- Capitol Square Review and Advisory Bd v. Pinette (1995)
You can subscribe and listen to So to Speak: The Free Speech Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, and Stitcher, or download episodes directly from SoundCloud.
Stay up to date with So to Speak on the show’s Facebook and Twitter pages, and subscribe to the show’s newsletter at sotospeakpodcast.com.
Have questions or ideas for future shows? Email us at email@example.com.
FIRE’s award-winning Newsdesk covers the free speech news you need to stay informed.