FIRE Staff Speaker
Daniel graduated from the University of Georgia in 2011 with a bachelor's degree in journalism. Before joining FIRE, he worked at a global development non-profit and as the director of communications at the American Council of Trustees and Alumni, where he defended strong liberal arts curricula and advocated for increased transparency and accountability on campus. In his spare time, Daniel likes studying American history, brunching, and playing kickball. Daniel knows for a fact that Dolly Parton is the best human on Earth, but he believes in your right to disagree.
- Alarming proposal would punish K-12 students for any written communication unrelated to class,
- A Marshall University professor criticized unmasked Trump supporters. Then censorship spread.,
- FIRE’s Naughty List: 89 colleges earn our lowest rating for free speech,
- Since they love pre-written apology notes, Yale administrators should sign ours,
- [UPDATED] No, Elizabethtown College, your racially segregated event is not okay.,
- FIRE’s new defense fund is here to save college faculty jobs. And we just closed our first case.,
- ‘Stop talking right now’: University of Oklahoma training shows instructors how to censor, indoctrinate students,
- Pushed out of teaching, Central Michigan University journalism professor has his own story to write,
- Federal court rightly rebukes school principals aiming to censor pro-gun clothing,
- Montana State to revise student event policy criticized by FIRE,
Host a FIRE Speaker On Your Campus
Hosting a FIRE speaker at your school is a great way to catalyze social change at your institution and educate your campus community about the importance of free speech, due process, and religious liberty.
Explore Our Work
FIRE is a mission-driven organization of hardworking, dedicated team members committed to defending and sustaining the individual rights of all Americans to free speech and free thought.Explore FIRE's Advocacy