FIRE Staff Speaker
Sarah graduated magna cum laude from Drexel University in 2014 with a B.S. in political science and a minor in history. In 2012, Sarah began working with FIRE as a Program Assistant through Drexel’s cooperative education program and remained on FIRE’s staff for through the rest of her undergraduate career. After graduation, Sarah defended students and faculty facing censorship in FIRE’s Individual Rights Defense Program, where she worked for five years. She is now Director of FIRE’s Targeted Advocacy program, where she focuses on U.S. universities’ relationship with international threats to free speech and art censorship. Her writing about free speech issues, including protest and blasphemy laws, has been featured in publications including Foreign Policy, Artsy, The Huffington Post, and New York Daily News.
- Twitter puts free speech and transparency at risk if it fails to publish government takedown requests,
- Yet another campus blasphemy dispute in Minnesota: Macalester College covers up Iranian-American’s feminist art exhibition after student complaints,
- Questions remain after MIT asserts it canceled Pompeo’s speech due to COVID-19 restrictions,
- FIRE investigates allegations MIT canceled Mike Pompeo speech about China,
- Censorship in India exposes the gap between ‘free speech’ and the law,
- We must stand up to Iran’s threats to free speech,
- Arrest of student in Boston a grim reminder of the danger facing Chinese dissidents on campus ,
- Free speech isn’t a contender at the 2022 World Cup,
- Protests are sweeping heavily censored China. How will American institutions respond?,
- Violent attack at Manchester Chinese Consulate a grim reminder of the fragility of free speech ,
Host a FIRE Speaker On Your Campus
Hosting a FIRE speaker at your school is a great way to catalyze social change at your institution and educate your campus community about the importance of free speech, due process, and religious liberty.
Explore Our Work
FIRE is a mission-driven organization of hardworking, dedicated team members committed to defending and sustaining the individual rights of all Americans to free speech and free thought.Explore FIRE's Advocacy