As digital editor-in-chief, Jordan works with a staff of writers to edit and publish content for FIRE's award-winning Newsdesk and helps maintain FIRE's website. Jordan also writes for Newsdesk as a staff writer.
Before joining FIRE, Jordan was an award-winning journalist and professional writer in Delaware with nearly ten years of experience teaching English in higher education. He graduated from Armstrong Atlantic State University in 2007 with a bachelor’s degree in English, and the University of Delaware in 2011 with a master’s in English. He also has extensive political experience, having served as communications manager and press secretary for numerous electoral and issue campaigns. In his spare time, Jordan enjoys watching Bob’s Burgers and playing folk standards on the ukulele. He lives in Wilmington, Delaware, with his wife and their two children.
- UChicago president: ‘Culture of free expression’ vital to the future of higher ed,
- Here’s why Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot can’t ask teachers to help her reelection campaign,
- FIRE attorney breaks down Hamline University controversy for British audiences,
- FREE SPEECH FUMBLE: Phoenix ordinance restricting signs during Super Bowl is offsides on the First Amendment,
- WATCH: ‘You’ve got to let her speak!’ Michigan residents sue after mayor’s temper tantrum shuts down public criticism,
- New members join FIRE’s Board of Directors, Advisory Council,
- Caltech silent on FIRE request to review event funding guidelines that contradict school’s free speech policy, violate state law,
- VICTORY! MIT drops controversial new mask policy prohibiting requests for others to mask up,
- New York Times survey shows bipartisan agreement on host of free speech issues,
- Critics of FIRE’s Free Speech Rankings get it wrong — again.,
Host a FIRE Speaker On Your Campus
Hosting a FIRE speaker at your school is a great way to catalyze social change at your institution and educate your campus community about the importance of free speech, due process, and religious liberty.
Explore Our Work
FIRE is a mission-driven organization of hardworking, dedicated team members committed to defending and sustaining the individual rights of all Americans to free speech and free thought.Explore FIRE's Advocacy