Jackie graduated magna cum laude from Drexel University in 2015 with bachelor's degrees in political science and environmental studies. She has worked at FIRE ever since participating in Drexel’s cooperative education program as a program assistant. Jackie’s interest in free speech stems from her love of political satire, previous involvement in student activism, and time spent volunteering at her local library as a teen. When she is not thinking about free speech, you can find her preaching about why you should watch reality TV and B-movies instead of Oscar-winning films.
- FIRE to host Continuing Legal Education doubleheader on the First Amendment in Philadelphia,
- Banned Books Week and censorial language ,
- Banned Books Week Coalition announces Jason Reynolds as first ever Honorary Chair,
- With good old fashioned ‘more speech,’ students take to TikTok to respond to campus preachers ,
- FIRE launches new podcast reading series, ‘Free Speech Out Loud’,
- A spirited op-ed section at University of Dallas, a reminder for why we celebrate Banned Books Week,
- ‘Censorship Is a Dead End’: Banned Books Week 2020 theme announced!,
- FIRE and First Amendment Watch launch campus free speech orientation program,
- Studying or teaching abroad? Check out FIRE’s interactive map of American satellite campuses,
- FIRE joins the Banned Books Week Coalition,
Host a FIRE Speaker On Your Campus
Hosting a FIRE speaker at your school is a great way to catalyze social change at your institution and educate your campus community about the importance of free speech, due process, and religious liberty.
Explore Our Work
FIRE is a mission-driven organization of hardworking, dedicated team members committed to defending and sustaining the individual rights of all Americans to free speech and free thought.Explore FIRE's Advocacy