Molly Nocheck, a Cincinnati native, graduated from Ohio University's E.W. Scripps School of Journalism in 2013 with a B.S. in journalism. During her time as an undergraduate, Molly served as the director of Students Defending Students, an organization dedicated to advising students through Ohio University’s judicial processes. Her work with Students Defending Students prompted her to create FIRE’s Student Defenders program. There are now Student Defenders groups working tirelessly to advocate for student rights across the nation.
Molly leads the FIRE Student Network, which empowers and mobilizes student activists on our nation’s college campuses. Molly has traveled to countless colleges and universities to educate students on their First Amendment rights and to arm them with the tools necessary to stand up and create positive change on campus. Her passion for civil liberties is only matched by her love of Skyline Chili.
- Announcing FIRE’s 2023 Student Network Summer Conference,
- Announcing FIRE’s 2019 Regional Conference,
- A FIRE Student Network membership: The perfect back-to-school accessory,
- Ira Glasser and Jacob Mchangama to headline FIRE summer conference,
- Announcing FIRE’s 2018 Summer Conference,
- Announcing FIRE’s West Coast Regional Conference,
- Announcing FIRE Student Defenders,
- Announcing FIRE’s 2017 Summer Conference, featuring Daryl Davis and Jeffrey Rosen,
- Start the New Year Right! Join the FIRE Student Network and Be First to Hear Campus Free Speech News,
- BACK TO SCHOOL: Want to Host a Stellar Event This Fall? Here’s How!,
Host a FIRE Speaker On Your Campus
Hosting a FIRE speaker at your school is a great way to catalyze social change at your institution and educate your campus community about the importance of free speech, due process, and religious liberty.
Explore Our Work
FIRE is a mission-driven organization of hardworking, dedicated team members committed to defending and sustaining the individual rights of all Americans to free speech and free thought.Explore FIRE's Advocacy