Connor earned his M.A. in political communications from American University in 2019, writing his thesis on the rhetorical power of early American newspapers. He has a B.A. in history from Ashland University, where he graduated as an Ashbrook Scholar. Prior to joining FIRE, Connor worked for the American Council of Trustees and Alumni as the director of communications, managing the organization’s external messaging and developing relationships with key media contacts. When not rallying alumni behind a First Amendment cause, you can probably find Connor playing a tabletop RPG, hiking in Shenandoah, or cheering on the New York Mets.
- A thaw in the ice as MIT faculty adopt free speech-friendly Chicago Statement,
- Alumni group receives $500,000 grant to advance free expression on campus,
- Yale alumni: Help protect free speech at your alma mater,
- Alumni Spotlight: Princetonians for Free Speech,
- Alumni Spotlight: UNC Free Speech Alliance,
- MIT community rallies behind Chicago Statement after Dorian Abbot disinvitation,
- Alumni take up the fight for free speech — and you can help!,
Host a FIRE Speaker On Your Campus
Hosting a FIRE speaker at your school is a great way to catalyze social change at your institution and educate your campus community about the importance of free speech, due process, and religious liberty.
Explore Our Work
FIRE is a mission-driven organization of hardworking, dedicated team members committed to defending and sustaining the individual rights of all Americans to free speech and free thought.Explore FIRE's Advocacy