A native New Yorker, Zach graduated from Binghamton University in 2013 and Syracuse Law in 2016. He developed an appreciation for free speech while leading the College Libertarians and the Federalist Society: In these roles, he sought to bring those with divergent opinions together for debate and discussion. His experience as a founding father of the Pi Kappa Alpha chapter at Binghamton inspired his advocacy for student groups as a First Amendment attorney at FIRE.
Outside of FIRE, Zach serves on the board of directors of the First Amendment Lawyers Association and the Philadelphia Area Disc Alliance. He enjoys learning new board and card games, playing Ultimate Frisbee, and extolling the many virtues of the greatest city on earth—Philadelphia.
- Rockland Community College suspends student for pro-Palestinian advocacy,
- University of San Diego allows students to invite speakers, but only if no one is offended ,
- Attorneys have free speech rights. I’m suing to prove it.,
- Leaked memo: Mayo Clinic doubles down on gag order of Dr. Michael Joyner ,
- Mayo Clinic medical college to doctor: Sit down and shut up,
- University of Guam professor vindicated after punishment for criticizing political candidates ,
- University at Buffalo tramples First Amendment, threatens to derecognize dozens of student groups for affiliating with outside organizations,
- FIRE calls on the Higher Learning Commission to take University of St. Thomas to church over free speech violations,
- FIRE announces Greek life guides to help fraternities and sororities defend their rights ,
- Delaware State rescinds NDAs, agrees to let students speak about campus safety,
FIRE is a mission-driven organization of hardworking, dedicated team members committed to defending and sustaining the individual rights of all Americans to free speech and free thought.Explore FIRE's Advocacy