High School Outreach Fellow
Bonnie Snyder leads FIRE’s high school outreach efforts. A graduate of Harvard with a Master’s in School Counseling and Doctorate in Higher Education, Dr. Snyder has earned public school certifications in three different fields in four different states. She has also taught aspiring teachers in public and private colleges of education for 15+ years. She is the author of three books on education and has written for venues such as Huffington Post and American Thinker and been mentioned or quoted by the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times. She has spoken at national and statewide education and counselor conventions and is available to speak to K-12 students on numerous topics related to their constitutional rights, the history and philosophy of free speech, the importance of competing ideas in academia, and practicing civil discourse.
- Sticks and Stones: Coping with Offensive, Hurtful, Insensitive, & Otherwise Unwelcome Speech – New Discourses
- Balancing K-12 school curricula and opposing efforts to impose ideological agendas in the classroom
- “4 Things You Can’t Say in a K-12 Classroom”
- Why it’s important for students to be able to “Learn Freely”
- The relationship between Free Speech and Mental Health in K-12 Education
Bonnie is also available for school inservice days and other educator training opportunities.