High School Outreach Fellow
Bonnie Kerrigan Snyder is an educator with 20+ years of experience in a variety of roles in different institutions, including teacher, counselor, administrator and professor in both public and private schools. An honors graduate of Harvard University with a master’s degree in Counseling from Virginia Tech and a doctorate in Higher Education from Penn State, she is the author of The New College Reality, The Unemployed College Graduate’s Survival Guide, and co-author of Finding Your Voice: A Free Speech Comic. Her latest book is Undoctrinate: How Politicized Classrooms Harm Kids and Ruin Our Schools—And What We Can Do About It.
- Sticks and Stones: Coping with Offensive, Hurtful, Insensitive, & Otherwise Unwelcome Speech – New Discourses
- Balancing K-12 school curricula and opposing efforts to impose ideological agendas in the classroom
- “4 Things You Can’t Say in a K-12 Classroom”
- Why it’s important for students to be able to “Learn Freely”
- The relationship between Free Speech and Mental Health in K-12 Education
Bonnie is also available for school inservice days and other educator training opportunities.