Alisha is the Chief Operating Officer of the Foundation for Individual Rights and Expression (FIRE) where she has defended and promoted free speech for the past 15 years. In her role, Alisha scaled the organization from a campus-focused group to one five times the size that defends the speech rights of all Americans. She leads FIRE’s day-to-day operations and strategic development. Prior to becoming COO, Alisha served as head of FIRE's development team for 12 years. During that time, she led the team through multiple fundraising campaigns raising more than $135 million, which allowed FIRE to become the nation’s foremost expert in student and faculty rights, liberating millions from the illiberal policies and practices that threaten academic freedom, freedom of expression, free thought, religious liberty, and due process.
Alisha is a proud Philadelphian and lives near the city with her husband and four children. She earned a bachelor's degree in economics from The College of William & Mary.
- Introducing FIRE’s Ember Club,
- Chairman of Board of Directors: FIRE an ‘Incredibly Compelling Investment’,
- Help FIRE Support Comedy and Free Speech on Campus,
- FIRE Welcomes Nicholas Rosenkranz to Its Board of Directors,
- IRA Charitable Rollover Extended Through 2014,
- Create a Legacy with a Planned Gift to FIRE,
- FIRE Launches Matching Gift Challenge for Our 2014 Video Initiative,
- Only Six Months Away! Register Today for FIRE's 15th Anniversary Gala,
- "My son was falsely accused of rape",
- Save the Date! FIRE Celebrates 15 Years on October 23,
FIRE is a mission-driven organization of hardworking, dedicated team members committed to defending and sustaining the individual rights of all Americans to free speech and free thought.Explore FIRE's Advocacy